Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are you a euro skeptic?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tim

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a euro skeptic?   Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Oh OK.

What laws are you referring to?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Are you a euro skeptic?   Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:40 pm

Sections like.

U.A.K. - 54c, a and e.

I'm also nod mad about O.O.O.P.A.: 504, 604, Not so sure about the upcoming 704 though.

Although that said, the 46a, 84, 63 and Number 10 look to be decent enough. Lets hope they get here on time.

U.A.K - is probably more relevant for yourself and us as consumers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Are you a euro skeptic?   Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Tim,

yes maybe I should hold off forming strong views and being cynical about Europe, but we all have our sacred cows and for me I am proud to be British and would prefer that no other country had any say in how Britain is run.

Its a personal thing deep rooted over many years, as I did mention earlier, its pride messing with me.

If thats so bad - Sue me!!! lol!

As for the pound yes you got the wrong end of the stick, it was an example used only as I do not wish to bog down this forum with the finer points of economics, credit crunch et al.

Anyone interested please subscribe to the economist, I supplied the link earlier on.

Of course if you would like to explain the fundamentals of Economics on this forum and Europe's impact upon lil ole Britain and detail exactly how we will benefit from the EuroConversion go ahead. Smile

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Are you a euro skeptic?   Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:50 pm

British Sceptic wrote:
I am proud to be British and would prefer that no other country had any say in how Britain is run.

That's exactly it! You hit the nail on the head...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com
tim

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Are you a euro skeptic?   Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Quote :
Hi Tim,

yes maybe I should hold off forming strong views and being cynical about Europe, but we all have our sacred cows and for me I am proud to be British and would prefer that no other country had any say in how Britain is run.

Its a personal thing deep rooted over many years, as I did mention earlier, its pride messing with me.

If thats so bad - Sue me!!!
Very Happy Fair enough. I can understand people holding those opinions due to a sense of nationalism, I'm not sure it's a particularly good reason, but I understand why people hold it.

Quote :
As for the pound yes you got the wrong end of the stick, it was an example used only as I do not wish to bog down this forum with the finer points of economics, credit crunch et al.
OK, fair enough.

Quote :
Of course if you would like to explain the fundamentals of Economics on this forum and Europe's impact upon lil ole Britain and detail exactly how we will benefit from the EuroConversion go ahead.
I never suggested that it would be in Britains best interest to convert to euro.
Back to top Go down
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Are you a euro skeptic?   Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Fair enough Tim,

I misread you on the final point,

apologies,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a euro skeptic?   Are you a euro skeptic? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a euro skeptic?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2