Undercover Sceptic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undercover Sceptic

Hi and a very warm welcome to The Undercover Sceptic Forum, I created this forum for like minded people to come and share their thoughts on sceptical subjects so please donate your wisdom freely for the furtherance of rational thought, Thankyou.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

God exists!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
undercover sceptic
Admin
undercover sceptic

Male Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : reading popular science, research.
Humor : Dry
Registration date : 2008-06-18

God exists! Empty
PostSubject: God exists!   God exists! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:17 pm

The next argument for theists is a play on words.

To prove 'scientifically' the existence of God they've used a little word play.

No longer is God a personal God that answers individual prayers and creates individual miracles in peoples lives, some theists have gone back to grass roots of God as creator.

Based on this hypothesis and Darwin's 'Theory of Evolution', they posit that God is 'The Theory of Evolution'.

Since science currently supports this theory it therefore stands that science has proven the existence of God!

Add to the fact that the bible is meant to be read not literally but metaphorically, then the earth is only 6,000 years old argument is swept under the carpet alongside all the other contradictions.

I personally don't have a problem with people believing in a God, having religious beliefs etc; as long as they do not use their beliefs to harm me others im pretty cool with that.

However I do feel this constant wordplay and argument trying to force a belief system on to others is getting a bit tiresome.

Surely if they believe in God so badly they can use thir religious energy to better the world instead of trying to ram it down our throats and prove their God/religion is the only true God/religion in existence, whatever form that may take.

In conclusion,

if you have any religious or Godly empathy please stop trying to prove a point or assume you are better than others. Use your enlightened position instad to help people get on together, to live happier lives and be at peace with one another, otherwise you will soon find people turning away from religion in disgust at the road it is travelling down.

Regards,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Snr Member
Rob

Male Number of posts : 346
Job/hobbies : Combatives, Skepticism, Design.
Registration date : 2008-06-20

God exists! Empty
PostSubject: Re: God exists!   God exists! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Good post Den... I'm the same I've no problems with people believing in a "godlike entity". Especially if they accept the scientific facts, ie evolution and physics.

As far as I know the Vatican's official stance on the subject is (I'm paraphrasing here):

Yes God exists (as did Jesus).

The early Bible is more of a metaphor (Genesis, Adam and Eve, etc.).

He, as in God, used evolution and scientific laws to create the universe .

I'm not verifying the Catholic's theory - but it's a million times more realistic that the pathetic creationist viewpoint - which is simply ludicrous.

R.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ucireland.com

God exists!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Undercover Sceptic :: Scepticism :: Science-
Jump to: